Options

A "Container" Content Block

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited January 27, 2015 in SmugMug Feature Requests
I'm trying to come up with ways to have special sections on pages that all hang together on desktop and mobile devices.For my first try I used HTML Blocks, Page Blocks, and Feed blocks. They looked fine on desktop but broke apart on mobile, with the various blocks appearing out of order.

The stuff on the right is meant to hang together.

i-C3dNL8z-M.jpg

On mobile it breaks up.

i-TxwnZbk-M.jpg

I ended up placing a Right Side Bar, set at 420, and placing the content blocks into it. That works for holding it all together on both desktop & mobile.

i-GZFmPJS-L.jpg

The problem is, it also reserves an entire column on the page. Nothing can appear under it unless you do the "negative number for a margin" trick. Using negative numbers works to some degree, but the layout can get really messed up on different display sizes, so I try to avoid doing so.

i-TD998vn-L.jpg

What would really solve this would be to have a "Container Block." This would be a block that you could place other blocks into, creating a small content rich space on a page. I can see infinite uses for such a block. It would also scale better, and you could get things under it!

Please, with sugar on top, implement this sometime soon. Thanks!

Comments