Options

Visitor feedback - mobile site interface

pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
edited September 19, 2014 in SmugMug Feature Requests
I was with a couple friends that were viewing my site on their phones and one asked me how to get back to the gallery when viewing a photo. I explained to tap on the photo to bring up the controls, then tap the X to return to the gallery. My other friend commented that it took him a long time (many visits) to figure that out. Both have been using the site regularly since I unveiled it months ago. Nothing in the basic interface should require many visits to figure out. This is also true for the regular lightbox viewed on a computer... it's not immediately obvious that visitors need to bring up the controls and then find the X to close the lightbox. Not sure what was wrong with the legacy functionality of clicking the image to return to the gallery. Please update the interface (especially on mobile devices) to make the site more intuitive. Confusing and hard to use aren't words that should be associated with smugmug's basic interface. That's for us to cause with poor organization and crazy customization. :-)

Dave