The Bean

leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited December 29, 2005 in People
My wife and I were looking to celebrate our 15th by getting a hotel down town (Chicago). We didn't have any particular one in mind, we just wanted a nice night away from the kids (pawned off on friends, who will return the favor :)

So my wife (the non-technical one) says "try priceline". So I go to priceline and put in a bid for $99 for a four-star hotel on the Magnificent Mile in Chicago. Got it. A nice (enough) room at the Chicago Sheraton. Normally $179.

49968495-L.jpg

Here she is in front of "the Bean". Gallery: http://leebase.smugmug.com/gallery/1075729

Lee

Comments

• erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    Cool shot! I like the skyline reflection on "the bean"
  • 1ibandit1ibandit Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    Chicago area?
    I take it you are from the area? If so cool.. I am just south of you on the Wisconsin boarder.

Nice bean picture, I have yet been able to make it there. Hoping this summer.
    1iBandit
    "Take what is given, and steal the rest."
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    Woaaaaahh, if you took a pick right up to that, it would look like a crazy fisheye lens. Neat photo. And cool bean. thumb.gif
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    I agree, the low level clouds in the skyline look cool. Nice shot.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    Nice. You know what else would be cool in that reflection...a self portrait up close with the skyline around you. Too bad the "reflections" challenge isn't still running.

:D
  • SpagbagSpagbag Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    That is ace.
    Could you go back and photograph it every season, so we can see it in all weathers? :D