New G5 imacs

patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
edited September 1, 2004 in The Big Picture
Apple announced their new G5 imacs today. They look to be a great deal. I would be curious to know how the screens will be for color correction. I hope a new faster powerbook is on the way. The imacs are fairly thin (2"). I wonder if Apple will make a thicker Powerbook just to get the G5 in a portable solution, of course the new imac would make a fairly portable desktop solution if you were going to be at a location for a longer amount of time.

Quick Specs.

1.6 GHz 17" model
$1299
Slot-load Combo Drive

1.8 GHz 17" model
$1499
Slot-load SuperDrive

1.8 GHz 20" model
$1899
Slot-load SuperDrive

More here.

Comments

• PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2004
    I stand baffled, amazed and extremely impressed. Apple once again delivers a swift kick to the butt of all PC makers.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2004
    Wow, those are cool.
    patch29 wrote:
    Apple announced their new G5 imacs today. They look to be a great deal. I would be curious to know how the screens will be for color correction. I hope a new faster powerbook is on the way. The imacs are fairly thin (2"). I wonder if Apple will make a thicker Powerbook just to get the G5 in a portable solution, of course the new imac would make a fairly portable desktop solution if you were going to be at a location for a longer amount of time.

Quick Specs.

1.6 GHz 17" model
    $1299
    Slot-load Combo Drive

1.8 GHz 17" model
    $1499
    Slot-load SuperDrive

1.8 GHz 20" model
    $1899
    Slot-load SuperDrive

More here.
  • PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2004
    And rather affordable even by Apple standards. Hell, a brand new Dell will run ya close to a $1000 anyways. Mac looks better to me every day.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2004
    I have been wanting a 20 or 23 inch display to use with my PB, but very hard to buy a 20" for $1299 when you can have the whole computer for $1899. deal.gif I think DRit needs on to go with that new 20D. naughty.gif
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2004
    Harkens back to the 20th Anniversary Macintosh
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops