Options

Untitled fluff

AlexSharkAlexShark Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
edited October 2, 2014 in Landscapes
I promised Angelo to use lame thread heads, so here it is, per his request.

Stitched, cropped, adjusted, not much else was done to it.

130323_chicago_0717-20base-XL.jpg

What can be done with this one? The first impulse was to ditch it in the lake. But it came back.
Photography is about what does not meet the eye
Be my guest: Alex Braverman Photography

Comments

• Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2014
    water en horizon vind ik wel mooi.
    alleen de half ronde voorgrond niet mooi.
    grt,boco.
  • Options
    boco wrote: »
    water en horizon vind ik wel mooi.
    alleen de half ronde voorgrond niet mooi.
    grt,boco.

Thank you for taking the trouble to comment, but I do not speak Dutch!
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    Google translate is your friend, Alex

"water and horizon I find beautiful.
    only the semicircular foreground not pretty.
    grt , boco ."

The Chrome browser from Google accepts a Google Translate plug in as well, I think. I must confess I do not use Chrome, but I am considering it.

I find the symmetry of the concrete pier growing on me as I look at this image, even though my first impression was like boco's. I have only shot the skyline from up near the Adler Planetarium.

I think the there is an awful lot of empty sky in this image, and the cityscape seems very remote in this small image on my monitor. Perhaps, in a large print, I might appreciate it more.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    pathfinder wrote: »
    Google translate is your friend, Alex

"water and horizon I find beautiful.
    only the semicircular foreground not pretty.
    grt , boco ."

The Chrome browser from Google accepts a Google Translate plug in as well, I think. I must confess I do not use Chrome, but I am considering it.

I find the symmetry of the concrete pier growing on me as I look at this image, even though my first impression was like boco's. I have only shot the skyline from up near the Adler Planetarium.

I think the there is an awful lot of empty sky in this image, and the cityscape seems very remote in this small image on my monitor. Perhaps, in a large print, I might appreciate it more.

Thank you for your feedback.

To me (and that's the reason I stitched the pano) the city itself is incidental; what I found of interest was the symmetrical juxtaposition between the skyline on the right and the clouds on the left. There's a confrontational drama unfolding. To emphasize it, the end result (in a larger rendition):

130323_chicago_0717-20.jpg

Title change: SOMETHING EVIL THIS WAY COMES.
  • Options
    I see the confrontation in your second image, and while I saw it in the first, it did not strike me as a large enough subject mass, so to speak, to carry it off, in the first image.

I am quite sensitive to how the size of images affect how we view them, so maybe in a larger print, the first image might be more apparent that it was to my eyes, I did note the clouds in the upper right.

I see the drama in the second image, but the noise and contrasts are a wee bit offputting for me.

• Options
    pathfinder wrote: »

I see the drama in the second image, but the noise and contrasts are a wee bit offputting for me.

Thanks again.

I wondered about the noise (which, of course is artificially introduced in PP). Bright day, I think was shot with ISO 100 -- zero noise. Imagine the same pic looking like spit and polished Marine boots. There's something wrong. The final is disturbing, and the noise has this scratchy effect to annoy and disturb. Maybe I went overboard. Dunno. Not a wall hanger either way.
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2014
    Here's one of mine from the Chicago skyline, Alex. At the small scale it does not seem as sharp as I would like, but the detail is present and sharp at a large size - http://pathfinder.smugmug.com/Travel/A-Brief-Wander-with-Richard-in/18861165_6tjK8L#!i=3582952349&k=4LztkG5&lb=1&s=X2