Options

environmental birds

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited December 31, 2005 in Wildlife
some bird shots with more of their environment included.....

49970435-L.jpg

49970431-L.jpg

49970428-L.jpg

50048178-L.jpg

50052504-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    Beautiful! I like these much better than the ones with just a blurred backround!
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    thumb.gif this is about the same idea as what I have been trying to get --very sharp and clean clap.gif I will post one headscratch.gifne_nau.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    vandanavandana Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    these are wonderful ! I especially like the last one with the little cute feet..
    the 3rd one - I wonder - one would think it is the classic bird shot with a low DOF so the bird pops out of the background - but i seem distracted by the out of focus tree, the 2nd shot with tree in focus seems better in comparision - I don't know , i'm just rambling and trying to learn - is there one best way to do this ?!
  • Options
    ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    Super shots Troy. I like #2 just for the bird's pose, sort of cheeky:D #3 the bird really stands out, yet has natural background. They are all wonderful shots, just like those two the bestthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    I actually like em both ways :D
    Here's one I did yesterday while testing new tripod. Hope you don't mind

50068864-O.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2005
    you stole my bird!!! it's ok though coz u made him look so good!!!!

i got a tripod also for the holidays, but i havent yet used it for i cant figure out how id use it in the field to track bird and shoot at the same time....

seems after you move the camera, it settles somewhere else...headscratch.gif

how did u work it out??

troy
  • Options
    ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    Thats a pretty darn artsy shot there Ben, like it!!!!
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    you stole my bird!!! it's ok though coz u made him look so good!!!!

i got a tripod also for the holidays, but i havent yet used it for i cant figure out how id use it in the field to track bird and shoot at the same time....

seems after you move the camera, it settles somewhere else...headscratch.gif

how did u work it out??
    troy

Haven't really, it's usually a hit and miss situation. I do not have the gimbal mount I want yet so for now I use my ball head and keep it on the loose side so to be able to track flying birds. That's all assuming I set up in the right area. I always used my Monopod before so I have become accustomed to using it in that way. But from experience I know it's worth the effort to use support, images are so much more sharper don't you think?
  • Options
    RohirrimRohirrim Registered Users Posts: 1,889 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2005
    Nice job Troy. I think theres a place for both types of shots. Only bird, and bird with background. The problem with some background shots is that the background can easily distract from the bird. I think yours did a pretty good job of avoiding that.
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2005
    Rohirrim wrote:
    Nice job Troy. I think theres a place for both types of shots. Only bird, and bird with background. The problem with some background shots is that the background can easily distract from the bird. I think yours did a pretty good job of avoiding that.

thank you and I agree!!! and thanx to all above who commented with nice words!

troy