The Artillerie

JeroenJeroen Registered Users Posts: 447 Major grins
edited December 29, 2005 in People
I took this last summer at a re-enactment festival with my trusty 30-something year old Pentax. It was a nice day, filled with people being very busy with themselves. This photo represents that quite nicely IMO. Hope you like it too.

sw_artillerie.jpg

Comments

• ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    It does indeed look like a very nice day! Thanks for sharing:):
  • BrianGBrianG Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited December 29, 2005
    Nice picture! Looks like a lot of fun.
  • Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    Jeroen, I find this very interesting! Your profile says you live in Amsterdam, yet they hold US Civil War reenactments there? It amazes me to think that other countries outside the US would commemorate something like that. But then I remember that there were European countries that also participated in support of either the North or South, such as France and Scotland and certainly others most Americans are not aware of. Still, it's quite amazing to think that "our" civil war that happened over 100 years ago continues to touch lives across oceans and continents to people in other countries that we had no idea were commemorating it! Thanks for sharing your photo and opening our eyes to this astonishing realization.

God Bless,
    ~Nee
    ps. and a warm welcome to Dgin!
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
  • JeroenJeroen Registered Users Posts: 447 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    @Nee7x7
    It was a once a year festival where a lot of different re-enactment groups showed the public what they do. Mediaeval times are by far the most populair here, plus ofcourse WW2 and Napoleontic times. But I have seen Dutch people dressed as cowboys there. A little odd I suppose, but so is walking around with a camera in front off your face :D