Options

Got lucky

puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
edited October 7, 2014 in Wildlife
Seems like the brown envelope stuffed with bits of paper bearing HRH's likeness got thro to the right people after all ... :) *

Moolah involved helps fund a recently purchased 24 - 105...

Entrants were allowed to enter 5 frames, btw.

pp

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/pictures/Gallery-Natural-World-Photo-competition-final/pictures-23050776-detail/pictures.html#1

* j/k, of course :)

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2014
    Thanks for posting that Paul! Some fantastic shots! Not out of reach though....meaning executable shots.....so yes, luck certainly a component in this kind of success where critter and light both arrive at same time!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2014
    Thanks - yes, luck helps, but, as I've previously mentioned I decided to act on behaviour that I'd noticed before, rather than plugging away in the same manner as I'd been doing previously. Having seen similar behaviour on the same lake, similar times of day, on 2 previous days, I thought it was well worth a punt:)

Doesn't make me an animal / avian behavioural expert - far from it... just someone who remembers the bit in 'Goldfinger' ... 'first meeting, Mr Bond - happenstance, 2nd, coincidence, 3rd, Enemy action' ... so I decided to act, for once :)

I agree, very few shots are 'out of reach', depending on what one likes, considers good, assuming time, patience, resources, kit etc allow ... but, for eg. as a non-scuba diver, I suspect I'll not be taking any half decent u/water shots in this lifetime ... I just think there's still much image potential with local subjects ... as opposed to travelling mega distance in order to see apex species, just to get 'similar' shots - but of different subjects.

pp

edit
    the 'lucky' in the title originally referred to the fact that mine was picked, btw, since this is all such a subjective arena ...