Options

black gallery displays white?

SpeedFreakSpeedFreak Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited December 31, 2005 in SmugMug Support
My gallery; dvwphoto.com
is basic black but on my wife's older Packard Bell monitor it displays as all white. The hardware dates to Windows 95 but the software is XP home?
What could be causing this to happen?:dunno

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    SpeedFreak wrote:
    My gallery; dvwphoto.com
    is basic black but on my wife's older Packard Bell monitor it displays as all white. The hardware dates to Windows 95 but the software is XP home?
    What could be causing this to happen?ne_nau.gif

Not a clue. I just checked your customization, you are set for "dark" background which means that it should be black.

Have you been playing with themes? ear.gif

Moved, to SmugMug Support forum.
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2005
    The 'DVWPhoto.com' site has not been changed and displays fine on our third computer.
    My wife has just signed up for a Smugmug site, "apov-photography" and is beginging the set-up proceedures. She is exploring the set-up options and has selected black as her setting, but it too is displaying white.
    Could that have anything to do with it?headscratch.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    SpeedFreak wrote:
    The 'DVWPhoto.com' site has not been changed and displays fine on our third computer.
    My wife has just signed up for a Smugmug site, "apov-photography" and is beginging the set-up proceedures. She is exploring the set-up options and has selected black as her setting, but it too is displaying white.
    Could that have anything to do with it?headscratch.gif

Yes, it could. If you both will be using same computer(s) I recommend one of you using one type of browser and the other should use another browser.

Thumb-wrestle for it, loser has to use IE. lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2005
    We use different computers but the same brand browser (not IE).
    In fact we had three computers logged on with two showing my site in black and one in white. That is what was so confusing.
    It may have just been one of those 'computer things'!?!
    Anyway, thanks!
    And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!1drink.gif