Intimate performance space @iso 3200

BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
edited December 30, 2005 in People
I shot this early in 2005, the 20D had under 1000 shots on it. I didn't have a flash yet so I did my best with ambient light. People around me were snapping away with D'rebs and d70s using their body flash, but I knew that wouldn't produce the look I wanted. I shot them in raw, and my initial conversions didn't really do it for me. They were REALLY noisy, and flat. The venue was a Borders book store, and although the Johns were touring for their new kid (Disney) album "Here Come the ABC's", Towson is a college town. The place was packed, and no ONE was leaving because we all braved 6 inches of snow to get there. Although they invited all the kids 'down in front' so they could see, you would have to plow through people to even get near the floor. I spent most of the time with my 3 year old son on my shoulders, and snapped only 7 pictures. I was doing an end of year inventory and found them. I applied the ortho film simulation I made earlier this year and all the sudden I love the noise. They have exactly the 'coffee house', 'college newspaper', feel I was going for. For those of you not familiar with TMBG go check them out, best 'kids' concert you'll ever see, much better than the Wiggles :P.

50177585-L.jpg

50177587-L.jpg

50177588-L.jpg