Options

camera dolly slider for Time-lapse

DIYerDIYer Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited November 1, 2014 in Accessories
As with all DIYers,, projects take several turns before finishing,,many on this one were changes for camera safety so the camera wouldn't tip over in a wind so added a both side bottom wheel,,lotsa lotsa work,,the ServoCity motors I used have no torque problems in pulling the camera on dolly up at any elevation,I had a 1/4" diameter bobbin milled up for the smaller .5 RPM motor,,there is 34" travel on the dolly,,I needed many many seconds for TL,,of all the searches I did on this project no-one ever gave the motor size or where they got them,,when I do a DIY project I show as best I can everything used and where I got it,,lotsa work went into this project as you can see,,if you look with care everything is printed on the photos,,with weather permitting I'll make a few videos and show what it can do,,

http://justphotos.zenfolio.com/p1021535522#h1f96791d hope you like it,, Charlie

Comments

• Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2014
    Wow! Nice work. I can't imagine the amount of planning and time to execute the building of it, but it certainly is impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    DIYerDIYer Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited November 1, 2014
    Wow! Nice work. I can't imagine the amount of planning and time to execute the building of it, but it certainly is impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Phil
    Thank you Phil,,I measured many times and drilled once,,didn't have a clue about torque no matter what I searched on the web so bought the 2 lowest speed ones they had just to make sure,,have my own PWM for a dew heater but don't need it to slow down the speed of the motor and let them run full out,,ordered a 300ma meter just to make sure the current draw but it hasn't come as yet,,will put it in as smallest box I can with on-off switches and LEDs,,for myself being a DIYer your projects are never finished-finished,,once I get out and do some playing will find out the what's about it,,all the tests are perfect so will see,,thanks again,,,,Charlie