Options

cell phones not able to access smugmug sites

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited November 16, 2014 in Bug Reporting
My android HTC will no longer load my whole smugmug site. It only loads the background, my copyright disclaimer and the "powered by Smugmug" and log in button. It's not just my site either, but I tried other's sites too and I get pretty much the same useless pages.

I know there is an app, but I am refering to going directly to my site using a browser window. It has worked for me for years and I prefer doing it this way as the app does not have all the features to manage things. I can pull everything up on my ASUS Android tablet with no problems, so why is it not working for my cell phone?

Comments

• Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 12, 2014
    Joyce, sorry to hear you're having problems with this! I had a look at your site and it is showing fine for me on my Android phone. Can you check if you are maybe blocking images from loading in your browser settings? Or try a different browser?

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2014
    This is what i am seeing. I only have 1 browser on my phone and it was the one the manufacturer put on it. I have never had problems with it loading since I got this phone in 2011. This is the first time I have had problems. So far I do not know where the settings are for the browser, but I have never changed the settings so that there would be a blocking issue. Something has had to have changed on SM end because there have been no updates on my phone since the last time I accessed my site using the phone.

i-42GJXHt-L.jpg
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2014
    Is there a system software update that you might need to install?
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2014
    I have looked. It doesn't say there is.ne_nau.gif I am at a loss to what happened.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2014
    Why don't you get the SmugMug App for Android? You can also try installing Chrome browser.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2014
    I find it very concerning that I can not look at my site without it showing up in a mobile view. I've many times
    in the past showed someone how my site looks and how to navigate it. That's impossible with a mobile view.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    I find it very concerning that I can not look at my site without it showing up in a mobile view. I've many times
    in the past showed someone how my site looks and how to navigate it. That's impossible with a mobile view.

Agreed. I do have the app, just don't like to use it. It doesn't give me the same options such as getting a link to embed into a forum that will show the picture and be clickable back to my SM account.

Another issue with this is if people are searching on their phones for my site, and they have the same issue as here, then is that possible loss of revenue? Not that I have sold much here anymore, but its just a bug that happened recently and I do not know what changed. Nothing on my end.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2014
    Allen wrote: »

What device? I use Chrome Browser on Android, and I can view my site normally.

I also use SmugMug for Android, great app.