Navel Ring

atomicjadeatomicjade Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
edited January 1, 2006 in Holy Macro
Although I feel I could've done a better job with this, I'm not sure exactly how.. could anybody give me some advice?

Picture479a.jpg

thanks!

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2005
    atomicjade wrote:
    Although I feel I could've done a better job with this, I'm not sure exactly how.. could anybody give me some advice?
    thanks!

first off. i see this photo as a very "sensual" feeling mood. sooo i think i like the lighting on it. the DOF could use some tweeking. and *this might just be me and looking for a flaw* but it ruins the feel of the picure when there are some hairs sticking up in front of it. headscratch.gif lol.

just my .02ne_nau.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• MotoKatMotoKat Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2005
    DanielB wrote:
    first off. i see this photo as a very "sensual" feeling mood. sooo i think i like the lighting on it. the DOF could use some tweeking. and *this might just be me and looking for a flaw* but it ruins the feel of the picure when there are some hairs sticking up in front of it. headscratch.gif lol.

just my .02ne_nau.gif

I was thinking the same thing about the hairs.:D
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2005
    Nice shot that's ruined by the over saturation and heavy yellow cast, IMO.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2005
    upside down?
    Interesting shot, but I think the dangly thingy should be on the bottom of the picture; IMO, it looks odd at the topheadscratch.gif

I also agree w/ Daniel about the DOF, I think more of the navel pin and stuff should be in focus.

is this a self "portrait"?
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    Nice idea. I reckon the white balance is way off. You'll want to do a custom white balance for indoor lighting like that. The composition isn't really working either. And I agree about the hairs, they don't fit the mood of the shot.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au