Options

Printing Nikkor 105mm as a Peacock portrait lens

e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
edited December 1, 2014 in Holy Macro
Olympus m4/3, EM-1,Printing Nikkor macro 105mm (on unrecorded extension), set a f11 (minimum aperture of lens), ISO 100, twin flash (one on hot shoe), hand-held. Cropped ca 50%. I processed for "Fur & Feather", with a Topaz plug-in, rather than using one of the macro options.

Harold

968877.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2014
    Good capture Harold.
    Missed near side eye focus though ?
    Brian v.
  • Options
    e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2014
    Good capture Harold.
    Missed near side eye focus though ?
    Brian v.

Thanks, Brian.

Not sure if I just missed the hairs. The only way to get more DOF with this lens is to us a TC.

This was the best of three shots and best DOF. The Kiron 105 is probably the better choice for such deep subjects. I need to do more comparisons.

Harold
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2014
    e6filmuser wrote: »
    Thanks, Brian.

Not sure if I just missed the hairs. The only way to get more DOF with this lens is to us a TC.

This was the best of three shots and best DOF. The Kiron 105 is probably the better choice for such deep subjects. I need to do more comparisons.

Harold

First, I really like the shot. What Brian meant....I think is that if focus stacking is not available (I sure as hell don't know how to do it) then it is always better to pick the eye closest to you....or put AF on it....you have the eye on the back side in sharp focus.....that is true for human portraits as well.....usually shot with aperture wide open so DOF is shallow on purpose but it is our job to get the closest to us in focus....