Options

For Stumblebum

JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
edited December 3, 2014 in Wildlife
Timing

i-9SnV4rf-L.jpg

two image "focus stack", but taken sequentially without changing perspective.

And yes, I feel a sense of personal satisfaction to get the shot on the third day of birding here when the timing of osprey + moon worked out.

I have another shot where it looks like the osprey is looking at the moon, but then you can't see her eyes, and I like this one better.
Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2014
    Thanks JC! I am sure this image will bring joy to most people if not all!
    I am sucker for wildlife images that are wildlife+more. This certainly is!
    Once again your efforts and plans are inspiration....I move on if stuff doesn't happen in minutes....skillz too!bowdown.gif
    Like it is getting instructions from Moon Goddess!
    Whenever the camera is pointed at clear sky, sometimes graininess comes out....only trick I know to deal with it is to increase luminance for blue....it lightens it a bit and perhaps moon would loose the bg preventing it from popping....but maybe there is a happy medium!
    Cheers m8!
  • Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Thanks JC! I am sure this image will bring joy to most people if not all!
    I am sucker for wildlife images that are wildlife+more. This certainly is!
    Once again your efforts and plans are inspiration....I move on if stuff doesn't happen in minutes....skillz too!bowdown.gif
    Like it is getting instructions from Moon Goddess!
    Whenever the camera is pointed at clear sky, sometimes graininess comes out....only trick I know to deal with it is to increase luminance for blue....it lightens it a bit and perhaps moon would loose the bg preventing it from popping....but maybe there is a happy medium!
    Cheers m8!

yeah, my friend and I have sat watching this girl for a couple of hours waiting for her to do something interesting (and my friend for longer on days by herself). The second day, we missed her hunting trip, and she sat drying off for over an hour. The third day, she went fishing soon after showing up on these snags, and then switched vantages after eating, so I could get this shot, before she flew off to another location. My friend talked me into getting a high speed memory card for birding (not necessary for landscapes), so I've got over 500 shots of her, a couple flying, several hundred eating, and a couple hundred drying off like a cormorant. Plus a couple of sneezes and a couple of poops.

My ISO was at 800 because she'd been flying and I was trying to keep the shutter speed high, so there is some grain, but most of the graininess is coming in from downsampling the image from 4000 px to 800 px for the forum.

just for fun:

i-M9JKtrK-M.gif
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2014
    Super cool that!!