Help needed with PS7

BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
edited January 1, 2006 in Finishing School
I've managed to change a setting in PS7 so that, for example, when I select Curves the colour picker defaults and I need to press Esc to clear it.

Any idea what I've changed and how to change it back?

Thanks...
"The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2005
    Bodwick wrote:
    I've managed to change a setting in PS7 so that, for example, when I select Curves the colour picker defaults and I need to press Esc to clear it.

Any idea what I've changed and how to change it back?

Thanks...

ne_nau.gif

The complete overkill fix would be:
    Kill your preferences file
    Hold down Ctrl + Shift + Alt (on Windows) or Command + Option + Shift (on a Mac) immediately after launching PS. You'll get a dialog asking if you want to delete the preferences file.
    This should fix the problem, but it will also take everything back to the Adobe default configuration.
  • BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    cletus wrote:
    ne_nau.gif

The complete overkill fix would be:
    Kill your preferences file
    Hold down Ctrl + Shift + Alt (on Windows) or Command + Option + Shift (on a Mac) immediately after launching PS. You'll get a dialog asking if you want to delete the preferences file.
    This should fix the problem, but it will also take everything back to the Adobe default configuration.
    Hi Cletus,

I went for the manual search of psp files and deleted the preferences file. I should have just done that straight away as the time I wasted trying to find what was wrong was a futile search.

As Adobe say on their site "Sometimes Photoshop can exhibit odd/erratic/weird behaviour." and this seems to have been the case here.

thumb.gif
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières