edited December 30, 2014 in People
i-7QpNXNn-L.jpg

Alex

Comments

• Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2014
    Alex,

This one I don't. I will give you my honest opinion and that is not to turn down or criticize someones work.

See the title sets a certain expectation for the viewer, but once the picture is seen it confuses me. Yes I see a woman that is pregnant, a beautiful occurrence in a humans life. However in this picture the pregnancy is merely a side effect, an attribute in the overall picture. It should have been the focus , the center point of attention and yet it is not. The expression of the lady is far from a tender loving mother, it 's rather an "OK" go ahead make a picture and leave me alone. What happened with the dress, did you ask to stick it between her legs to have the belly sticking out more ? And as a last observation , I don't get the relationship/connection between the pregnancy and what she is doing....
    To overall impression is that of a snapshot.

Sorry for my direct wording, but that is how I observe and see picture.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2014
    Hey Steve!
    Always good to hear from you! Thanks for answering. Yes is a kind of snapshot in the sense that the idea when popped in my mind I just asked the pregnant to pose. I think as you correctly said is not clear that she holds a hammer and she tinkers.. something you do not expect to see from a pregnant. Unfortunately all the other shots I have are not good grops.
    One more failure in my list .. few more to go :)
    Alex
    i-dL8pWfL-L.jpg
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2014
    Ditto on Steve's comments.