edited January 2, 2015 in People
2014_December_Signal_Hill_Kyle_Jacob_022_PROCESSED-2-L.jpg
Best friends!

2014_December_Signal_Hill_Kyle_Jacob_009_PROCESSED-L.jpg
Make some silly faces!

2014_December_Signal_Hill_Kyle_Jacob_008_PROCESSED-L.jpg
My son reaching for the second ring.

2014_December_Christmas_4_001_PROCESSED-L.jpg
A bit of arts and crafts with his buddy.

2014_December_Christmas_2_010_PROCESSED_PROCESSED-L.jpg
Nothing like working on the truck on Christmas Eve. Sigh. LOL!

2014_December_Christmas_4_007_PROCESSED-2-L.jpg
My wonderful girlfriend.

All shots taken digitally with a Canon 1DsMKII and 24-70 f/2.8 and 70-200 f/2.8 IS L glass.

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2014
    I like the first three as nice family captures and the memories they provide. 4 is of the same but it has dramatic impact, the ornaments detract a tad. 5 is nice but change the angle to not capture that white garage door and white post as you eye goes to bright areas. By changing the angle you would also get more of the tire and what he is working on. The last one is nice, your starting to get some shadow on her right side so I might drop the exposure to deepen the shadow and get more depth in her face. Keep posting.
  • Options
    esheatoesheato Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

I agree about the ornaments, but figured it fit in with the rest of the Christmas photos.

I hadn't even noticed the white garage doors until you mentioned it. I'll keep an eye out for them next time.

As far as the last one, I struggled how to crop it....she was leaning against a wooden support on her outdoor patio. If you crop it out, it appears as if she's leaning against the side of the photo, but leave it in and it detracts from the shot. I did burn it a bit to bring down the brightness of it....seems it's still too bright.

Thanks again.
    Hackbone wrote: »
    I like the first three as nice family captures and the memories they provide. 4 is of the same but it has dramatic impact, the ornaments detract a tad. 5 is nice but change the angle to not capture that white garage door and white post as you eye goes to bright areas. By changing the angle you would also get more of the tire and what he is working on. The last one is nice, your starting to get some shadow on her right side so I might drop the exposure to deepen the shadow and get more depth in her face. Keep posting.