Options

Mountain retreat e-session

MarcRaymondMarcRaymond Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited March 15, 2015 in Weddings
Recent e-session in Lake Arrowhead. C&C desired and appreciated....

i-26STSCq-XL.jpg

i-bfVXcRV-XL.jpg

i-xqDvZwF-XL.jpg

i-Qq7w2sK-XL.jpg

i-ZvJ7swb-XL.jpg

i-JB36Sfg-XL.jpg

i-xVgr26t-XL.jpg

i-hXVKsPf-XL.jpg

i-TvXqscW-XL.jpg

i-T8jP5Mb-XL.jpg

i-fr4bGs9-XL.jpg

i-7KbGDpB-XL.jpg

i-VSgXtc8-XL.jpg

i-2cL5bXf-XL.jpg

i-k4Z8mCD-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2014
    nice set
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2015
    Well done. Nice clean crisp images.

Sam
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2015
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2015
    Very clean and good quality stuff! The only input I can think of is, in the very last image I usually prefer to have couples not looking at the camera if they're out of focus. For a shot like this, imagine them looking at each other with their foreheads almost touching, and it becomes IMO a much stronger detail image. Also, in shot #11, her arms seem to vanish and I feel like if she had posed with her hands on her hips to show at least a little bit of elbow angle, or space between arm and torso, would have made the shot more powerful.

Keep it up!

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2015
    Very, very nice thumb.gif
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2015
    good stuff..well composed and good techniques! My little nits..for the shots that have a lot of speckled/mixed light (5,6,10,13) I would bring down the highlights some. Also add a touch vignette on a few to just draw the viewers eyes a bit more onto subjects.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2015
    Very clean and good quality stuff! The only input I can think of is, in the very last image I usually prefer to have couples not looking at the camera if they're out of focus. For a shot like this, imagine them looking at each other with their foreheads almost touching, and it becomes IMO a much stronger detail image. Also, in shot #11, her arms seem to vanish and I feel like if she had posed with her hands on her hips to show at least a little bit of elbow angle, or space between arm and torso, would have made the shot more powerful.

Keep it up!

=Matt=

Thanks for the feed back and I will definitely keep those tips in mind... I attended one of your classes (in Fullerton I believe) a few years ago and appreciate you taking the time to share your expertise and experiences. I've learned a lot from this forum due to the many experienced photographers here willing to share information/tips and help others improve.
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2015
    divamum wrote: »
    Very, very nice thumb.gif

Thank you...
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2015
    Qarik wrote: »
    good stuff..well composed and good techniques! My little nits..for the shots that have a lot of speckled/mixed light (5,6,10,13) I would bring down the highlights some. Also add a touch vignette on a few to just draw the viewers eyes a bit more onto subjects.

I'm normally a little heavy handed when it comes to adding vignette because I really like the look but i intentionally back off a bit with this set. Will work on finding a happy medium or knowing when to add more based on the image. Thank you for the advice...
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2015
    sam wrote: »
    well done. Nice clean crisp images.

Sam

+1
  • Options
    p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2015
    could just be personal taste, but i feel as though most of the images are a tad hot, and could also use a warmer WB. content is great though, nice work!
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2015
    p27rpy wrote: »
    could just be personal taste, but i feel as though most of the images are a tad hot, and could also use a warmer WB. content is great though, nice work!

Monitor difference.
  • Options
    Gaby617Gaby617 Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2015
  • Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2015
    good set
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2015
    Really nice set. #9 is a wonderfully natural pose - my favorite.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2015
    First off...nice set. One bit of advice that I was given years ago...don't cut off the feet...if you to crop...crop between the joints.

It's one of those things that...well, yeah your image looks great...but could be better still.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed