Options

From clients feedback to self criticism

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited January 8, 2015 in People
Hi there big guys.
I just wanted to ask you how you judge your self when you get clients feedback. More specifically my client (weill in that case is just my friend)

told me that in this shot the pose is very feminine

i-KQcjh4G-M.jpg

How you can understand that indeed has a point or he might over judging himself.

Regards
Alex

Comments

• Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2015
    In the end you are shooting for the client. If they don't like a pic don't take it personal. You don't have nail each picture perfectly. I will shoot anywhere from 50-400 pictures from shoot and I am happy if the client finds 10 they like. You seem to have this idea that each picture you take needs to be perfect. It doesn't. If the client doesn't like a particular photo then they don't like it.
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2015
    thanks for the answer. Indeed the posing looks to be more feminine since higher shoulder is close to the end.. but at the end I do not think is too bad as an overall composition
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2015
    Basic rule, anytime you tilt the head to the high shoulder it is a feminine pose. Especially the front high shoulder. I agree with the client. You've broken a basic rule of portraiture. In this case you've got to follow that rule.
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2015
    alaios wrote: »
    thanks for the answer. Indeed the posing looks to be more feminine since higher shoulder is close to the end.. but at the end I do not think is too bad as an overall composition

Your composition is good, pose is bad. This is why I try to get several different shots of the same composition so you have more choices.
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2015
    Hi,
    I appreciate your replies and your time spent. Thanks for the tip though.. Still though my eyes as a "total" do not think I should trash this shot....Stubborness?
    Alex
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2015
    Hi,
    I appreciate your replies and your time spent. Thanks for the tip though.. Still though my eyes as a "total" do not think I should trash this shot....Stubborness?
    Alex

Trash it but apply the principles when you have a female or get a more masculine pose if male.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2015
    yes the pose is feminine. even if everything else is good..the pose kills it. toss it!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2015
    Yep, it's a trasher. I'm not sure why a pose looks feminine, but I know it when I see it. Is this an innate reaction of our inner animal, or is it from seeing so many fashion models posing?
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2015
    I hope is the second :) so I can get learn it too. Thanks everyone for answering. I appreciate guys the time you have spent helping me.
    Alex
    P.S Btw do you know any workshops or photographers you like in the New Orleans region?
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2015
    I hope is the second :) so I can get learn it too. Thanks everyone for answering. I appreciate guys the time you have spent helping me.
    Alex
    P.S Btw do you know any workshops or photographers you like in the New Orleans region?

As in the USA?
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2015
    I am not sure I get your questions. Yeas I meant New Orleans, USA. Is there new orleans somewhere else in the planet ? :)
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2015
    Not sure if there was an area by the same name in Europe. In New Orleans/Homa area Kurt Voclain, Baton Rouge Tim Schooler and Tim Babin. New Orleans George Kuchler
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2015
    Cool thanks. I will try contacting them
    Alex