Options

Joe 2 Hair light help

KaganKagan Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
edited January 6, 2015 in People
Another of my son Not concerned at this point so much with the pose as with the lighting, specifically the hair light First time using it and wanting to see if its placed properly and lit about right. Any help would be appreciated! :dunno

IMG_1633-Edit-XL.jpg
Kagan

Comments

• Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2015
    The light itself looks (for me at least) about right. I'd be happy with that at this stage of my shooting. But what stands out is the lack of detail on the hairlight side. A simple reflector to the right of your subject could have brought out those dead/dark spaces ever so slightly.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2015
    hair light looks fine..the drop off of the main light is the problem, need a reflector or some more ambient to light up the the subjects right side of the face!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2015
    Alright guys thanks I had the reflector out and then moved it while putting the hair light back there and just forgot to return it to its original location cause I was fiddling with the other problem thanks for the input
    Kagan
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2015
    A hair light geerally comes down from above and behind, generally speaking. I feel this is more of a modified kicker as it is also riming his back shoulder area and neck.
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2015
    ok Hackbone I will reposition it from there thanks
    Kagan