Options

Athletics

M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
edited January 8, 2015 in People
Taking the 'edgy' one step farther, are these in the ballpark with a sports theme?

20150104_Studio_Gina_Workout-134-5-XL.jpg

20150104_Studio_Gina_Workout-216-20-XL.jpg

20150104_Studio_Gina_Workout-222-22-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2015
    I don't really see a sports theme happening but more of an edgy character study. Love the lighting, color and general effect.
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2015
    I like your lighting. It does give an edgy vibe.

I'm not so sure about her facial expressions. She looks more mean and angry than sporting and determined.
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2015
    Thank you again for the kind words on the lighting/setup..... This was fun to shoot, certainly a learning experience.

The facial expression is pretty much what I was after, but now that 'mean' has been tossed out I can see that instead of 'don't mess with me and my workout' which is kind of where I was headed in a sports environment.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2015
    I like the light and processing but the posing is lacking. For sporty look, you want to project strength, determination, power...none of your shots do that (1 almost does that but the shoulder angle throws it off). in fact 2 is just unflattering altogether. You should try just simple arms crossed, chest out "superman" pose or get barbell in their or a strong yoga pose for example.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2015
    Qarik wrote: »
    I like the light and processing but the posing is lacking. For sporty look, you want to project strength, determination, power...none of your shots do that (1 almost does that but the shoulder angle throws it off). in fact 2 is just unflattering altogether. You should try just simple arms crossed, chest out "superman" pose or get barbell in their or a strong yoga pose for example.

Thank you.... In my journey I'm just starting to use off-camera light, so in some respects the posing is secondary. Yet you make some good points I'll try to incorporate next round. Again, thanks.