Options

This would be my dream job

QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
edited January 12, 2015 in People
I always tell people I would never do photography full time because then it would turn into a grind and would suck the joy out of it. But I sure wish I could trade places with Pete Souza for year. That would just be incredible.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/2014-photos
D700, D600
14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
85 and 50 1.4
45 PC and sb910 x2
http://www.danielkimphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,209 moderator
    edited January 8, 2015
    Great link. Thanks for finding and sharing that one. Great photos! Good gig to get, for sure. I'll bet there are plenty of 18-hour days for Souza and staff, though.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited January 8, 2015
    Nice! Those were fun to go through. Interestingly the EXIF info is intact on these. He's a Canon shooter, uses a 5DMKIII, favors wide apertures and natural light. I did note one image shot with a GoPro of all things.
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2015
    Always wanted to do this since David Hume Kennerly photographed Pres Ford when I was younger.
  • Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2015
    Qarik wrote: »
    I always tell people I would never do photography full time because then it would turn into a grind and would suck the joy out of it. But I sure wish I could trade places with Pete Souza for year. That would just be incredible.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/2014-photos

He photos are certainly popular on flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2015
    I think I would feel cleaner photographing in a coal mine, or a pig farm.

Sam

PS: Memo to self.........put the flame proof suit on.
  • Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2015
    Sam wrote: »
    I think I would feel cleaner photographing in a coal mine, or a pig farm.

Sam

PS: Memo to self.........put the flame proof suit on.

When I was doing pj work I had to cover politicians and political events. It is very interesting to get a behind the scenes peek at the inner working of politics. However, it gets old quick unless you are a political junkie. I would love a crack at photographing a few days at the White House or following the President but to this year and year would not be a dream job.
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2015
    Well, if adapted to RHS of pond scenarios ... ie HRH or assorted political parties ... I can't imagine anything more boring ... apart from the occasional shot that they'd certainly not want published / printed :)

pp
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2015
    jonh68 wrote: »
    When I was doing pj work I had to cover politicians and political events. It is very interesting to get a behind the scenes peek at the inner working of politics. However, it gets old quick unless you are a political junkie. I would love a crack at photographing a few days at the White House or following the President but to this year and year would not be a dream job.

I have photographed two political fund raisers and found it interesting. I photographed an occupy wall street camp / rally / event in Oakland CA. While this was also very interesting it was about as rational as a demented baboon on meth.

I do like a ham sandwich, but do not wish to spend every day on the pig farm. :D

Sam
  • Options
    PhotoGuruPhotoGuru Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited January 12, 2015
    That would be amazing, he's talented too; some amazing shots in that link.