Lauren, dead on :)

OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
edited January 5, 2006 in People
La came over today and we shot again, this time in the studio.

We had so much fun! f/5.6, 1/250, F828 and my lights. Umbrella and 7" reflector, both model left.

ladeadon-vi.jpg

Comments

• 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    Owen, very good what ISO are you shooting?
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    ISO64.

Thanks for the comment! :)
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    very pretty girl, excellent shot. considering i like the shot, i still have a couple things i would've done differently:

i find the necklaces to be very distracting.
    i would love to see her hair.
    i would probably have her hands in the frame.

i hope this helps. i'd love to see more from this shoot.

and yes, it is definitely fun to shoot beautiful girls.
  • Fred MaurerFred Maurer Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    I like it alot, Owen. If I was to nit pick, the shadow of her nose is slightly distracting. Of course, you attention is drawn to her piercing sharp left eye.
    Thanks for sharing! Any more?
    Fred
    edited January 1, 2006
    I understand your shadows point of view, but this isn't a portrait (well, it sort of is!), it's a fashion editorial. The look I was shooting for were the harsh shadows. :)

And bing, she's the one who wanted the necklaces.. I don't agree about them being distracting, but they do add another element to the shot. Her hair being under he hat was part of the "look" and I agree about her hands. Sometimes you just miss those things. I could predict someone would say something about that here. It's always "her skin looks fake," "her hands are cut off" and "the shadows are too harsh." ;)

Here is another shot..

ladeadon2-vi.jpg
    edited January 2, 2006
    i like that second one a lot more, nothings cut off and the necklaces are mostly in her shadow and a lot less distracting.

just an idea: maybe she could be like loosely holding that purse in her hands between her feet there or something. i feel like that would be a good use of space instead of putting the purse on the chair like you did, which i find a little distracting.

i hope this helps.
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    This is probably a total "woman" thing, but, although I really like the pose of #2, the shoes jumped out at me. Total distraction. Why? They're black. I can't see a woman wearing black shoes with a brown outfit.

I think the idea of her holding the purse is also a great idea. That would give the whole composition a unified look with nothing distracting from her face.
    Just little nits. I love the lighting and the shadows.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
    edited January 4, 2006
    main.jpg

:) Maybe a teensy bit red..
    edited January 4, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    main.jpg

:) Maybe a teensy bit red..

almost scary how red it is
    edited January 4, 2006
    Really? It doesn't look all that bad on my callibrated monitor. I know the #s never lie, but she looks better magenta than yellow. I love color correction... such a joy. ;)
    edited January 4, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    Really? It doesn't look all that bad on my callibrated monitor. I know the #s never lie, but she looks better magenta than yellow. I love color correction... such a joy. ;)

dude, way too magenta. look at the color of her face compared to the color of her arm.
    edited January 4, 2006
    Partially makeup, plus the garage was FREEZING! rolleyes1.gif

This better? The numbers say it is. :P I'm leaning towards the bottom one (original) because my background is actually neautral gray, not green.

main1edit.jpg
    main.jpg
    edited January 4, 2006
    i don't like either of them, i find them both to be scary. i just hope somebody agree's with me, i don't want to seem like i'm picking on you or something. i usually like your work, but the color of her face imo is way off.
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    You could always put a big red nose on herrolleyes1.gif
    edited January 4, 2006
    ....? 4labs?

Bing? Scary? Explain. Scary as in color, scary as in expression, scary as in...? This is straight out of the camera, color cast and all. You can clearly see the difference, the numbers say so too, that her face is naturally (makeup and cold) more red than her arm.

laorig-vi.jpg
    edited January 4, 2006
    i was merely saying that the red in her face in the other shots was scary.

altought lacking pop, that last one looks more real, but still very red in the face. it looks like she was holding her breath for a week.
    edited January 4, 2006
    It's my own thing with makeup, You have this beautiful girl/woman, with intense blue eyes, they woudl be my focus. I know this is "fashion" but I think ya went overboard with the makeup. My monitor isn't calibrated so I can't comment on the magenta/yellow skin tones. Feel free to show more pics of her, she is a beauty.:D
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    Yes, the makeup is too heavy, but the biggest problem is your post work, IMO.

30 seconds with curves got this. Not what you want, I know, but much more balanced, IMO.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • unsavoryunsavory Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    I love the first two shots you posted, I think they are great. Especially the second one. The shadows add to these photos. I do agree about the purse and definitely the shoes. But those are small nitpicks.

This last photo just isn't working for me. I agree that her face is much too red. Wether her face is naturally more red than her arm is irrelevant. It just looks off. Color corrected monitor or no. My opinion.
    edited January 4, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Yes, the makeup is too heavy, but the biggest problem is your post work, IMO.

30 seconds with curves got this. Not what you want, I know, but much more balanced, IMO.

i like that edit a lot more
  • FatNakedGuyFatNakedGuy Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    snapapple wrote:
    This is probably a total "woman" thing, but, although I really like the pose of #2, the shoes jumped out at me. Total distraction. Why? They're black. I can't see a woman wearing black shoes with a brown outfit.

I think the idea of her holding the purse is also a great idea. That would give the whole composition a unified look with nothing distracting from her face.
    Just little nits. I love the lighting and the shadows.

yeah, the black shoes don't work. very beautiful subject, how do i get one like that?
    edited January 4, 2006
    yeah, the black shoes don't work. very beautiful subject, how do i get one like that?

Hi I am "fatNakedGuy" that will workrolleyes1.gif
  • unsavoryunsavory Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2006
    4labs wrote:
    Hi I am "fatNakedGuy" that will workrolleyes1.gif

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif