CH55-New Day

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited January 6, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Any thoughts on this idea? My bleary eyed view of my night table at 0600 when my alarm goes off every morning.

150532974-L.jpg

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    Mitchell wrote:
    Any thoughts on this idea? My bleary eyed view of my night table at 0600 when my alarm goes off every morning.

150532974-L.jpg

clever ideathumb.gif i do think it would make more sense vertical though. it took me a second to realize what i was looking at.:D
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    Good idea, and it would take me a sec to figure it out, too, if I had just awakened.

:lol4

Ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    Great idea Mitchell. I think you should try and get your hand hitting the snooze button.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    4labs wrote:
    Great idea Mitchell. I think you should try and get your hand hitting the snooze button.

Great idea with the hand. I may need to give it a try.

Daniel, I opted for this orientation to give my perspective in bed. I just put the camera on my pillow, layed down to focus, and took the shoot. I'm not sure it works for me in normal orientation.
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2006
    That's interesting.... I'm trying to think about what it's like when I see the alarm clock in the morning and somehow I always remember it as if it were straight even though my head is sideways. I think our brains rotate the image for us. The perspective just doesn't look "familiar" to me.

Erich
  • GoBlue!GoBlue! Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    erich6 wrote:
    That's interesting.... I'm trying to think about what it's like when I see the alarm clock in the morning and somehow I always remember it as if it were straight even though my head is sideways. I think our brains rotate the image for us. The perspective just doesn't look "familiar" to me.

Erich

Your brain doesn't rotate the image, you simply twist your head a tad. :) Doesn't take much to see the numbers right-side-up!

I agree...it's not a perspective I'm used to seeing. And the blur doesn't look natural....I see the point, with it being a bit clear in the middle & blurred at the edges, but just looks too photoshop'd for my taste.

Clever idea, though! gotta give you that.... ;)

Happy new year,
    Jim
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    Any better?
    Tried to incorporate Eric's suggestion with the hand on the snooze button. This orientation any better?

50733066-L.jpg
  • GoBlue!GoBlue! Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    Mitchell wrote:
    Tried to incorporate Eric's suggestion with the hand on the snooze button. This orientation any better?

Yes!

Jim
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2006
    GoBlue! wrote:
    Yes!

Jim
    Hi Mitch, although I like the first photo and its idea [one can get up on the wrong side of the clock right? hehheh], this one really tells a story.