possible bug after viewing image, trouble access site to make changes

hammisherhammisher Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 30, 2015 in Bug Reporting
problem 1

I have a menu on every page on my site.

but if go to a page that contains a gallery, then click on an image to view it, when i click the X to close the image, it reverts back to the page, but without the menu or any of my colour settings

before & after images attached

before-after.jpg

problem 2

i was finding it ok to navigate around my site and use organize and customize, but once i got my domain attached to the site, i now find it very difficult to actually get the option avaiables. I have to bypass using my domain and use IHP-iainhamiltonphotog.smugbug.com instead

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2015
    Hi and welcome to DGrin! wave.gif

1. It sounds like you're using a "multiple photos" content block on a custom page. In the settings for that content block, you can define what happens when a person clicks on a photo tile. If you don't want the click to go to the gallery, you can instead change the action on click to lightbox. That should do what you're looking for.

2. Check your browser cookie settings that it's set to accept cookies from all sites, including third party cookies. If you block third party cookies, that might cause troubles at times with custom domains.

If you have further questions, could you also include a link to the specific page you're looking at so we could take a closer look? While the screenshot does include the address, it's too small for me to read.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • hammisherhammisher Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 29, 2015
    OK

Ive also noticed that the login option a bottom of page just sends you back to the site... cahing problems too ?
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited January 30, 2015
    Item #3 sounds like there's a problem with your cookies on the site. It would help us out if you could provide a link to your site so I can take a bigger look and try to solve the problems.

I have no clue why #1 would happen -- closing out of lightbox should return you to the exact same page you were at. It just pops up an overlay when it loads the lightbox and doesn't actually refresh the page.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations