From the steps of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart Paris

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited February 10, 2015 in Journeys
dsc_0173_edited-1-4-XL.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited February 1, 2015
    Nice photo. Do you have more from this trip? And stories to go along with the photos? In Journey threads, we'd sure like to see and read way more of what you discovered and shot along the way.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2015
    A few additional shots I captured.
    DSC_0230-4-XL.jpgDSC_0151-4-XL.jpgDSC_0238_edited-1-XL.jpgDSC_0460_edited-1-4-XL.jpg
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

edited February 2, 2015
    These are a few additional shots captured in Paris Feb 2013. I am using Lightroom 5 in developing.

• AlexSharkAlexShark Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2015
    dsc_0173_edited-1-4-XL.jpg

Great! Understated and yet precise.

This is also the spot where one can take the entire pano of Paris without Eiffel Tower sticking out.
    Photography is about what does not meet the eye
    Be my guest: Alex Braverman Photography
    edited February 10, 2015
    AlexShark wrote: »
    Great! Understated and yet precise.

This is also the spot where one can take the entire pano of Paris without Eiffel Tower sticking out.

Thanks Alex. The view is just as you describe. I kept staring out at Paris and watching him perform with the soccer ball while hanging on the light. It seemed as if he were hanging over the city. It was then that the thought struck me...."Take the picture you idiot!"

Here is a shot of what was behind me.

DSC_0171-4-XL.jpg

• AlexSharkAlexShark Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2015
    Great shot. Appropriate processing as well: somber and imposing rather than frivolous.
    Photography is about what does not meet the eye
    Be my guest: Alex Braverman Photography