Options

Point Lobos

PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
edited February 9, 2015 in Landscapes
I was reading an article earlier which said that as photographers we should be sharing more. I'm not sure that applies universally because I can think of some that should share a lot less :D. Nevertheless, in order to get better, we should share and take the feedback to heart.

To wit, I submit some shots from two different trips to Pt. Lobos for your review and comment. I really love going here, but it's hard to shoot without crowds of people around and there's always the risk of the fog rolling in to kill the sunset.

Thanks,

Mike

14295212804_21afe9b674_h.jpg

15116949213_e64ad4a382_h.jpg

15935841335_4bb325da1b_h.jpg

16284062875_6b3a64287f_h.jpg
flickr
I welcome your feedback, but leave the editing to me - thanks!

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited February 9, 2015
    These are awesome! clap.gif

I need to go back to Point Lobos! nod.gif
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,203 moderator
    edited February 9, 2015
    Wowzers! All are super. Placing the horizon at the extreme top is something I don't see too often, but I like these.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2015
    mooie derde, vind daar de kleuren ook naturel.
    grt,boco.
  • Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2015
    the light on these is gorgeous. I like how you play with the depth of field in different images.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,035 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2015
    They are all wonderful, but #1 is my fav. I love the perspective/composition and colors - breathtaking!
    I think you need to share more :D
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2015
    Like first 3! #2 is favorite! Love the comp on #3! Would love to have seen tad more ocean in frames!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2015
    Good stuff................. I likes it. clap.gifclapclap.gif

Sam
  • Options
    PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2015
    Thanks for the nice comments. I especially appreciate the comments about the horizon placement. My thinking at the time was that the sky wasn't as interesting and I wanted to focus on the rocks and surf, hence the shift downward. Going forward I'll have to re-evaluate that approach.

It's also worth mentioning that I've been to Pt. Lobos a number of times that have resulted in disappointment at least photographically. It's a beautiful place to just enjoy. Even on these outings I had a number of shots that were disappointing, but I'm not sharing those.

Thanks again,

Mike
    flickr
    I welcome your feedback, but leave the editing to me - thanks!