Pricing for web site only licensing?

kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
edited February 22, 2015 in Mind Your Own Business
Does anyone have any idea what the going rate is, or how I should price this?

I was contacted by a non-profit company that would like to use some of my images on their website. They will need two larger ones on a slider for their home page. They would also like several (maybe three) smaller images on various landing pages.

They would like a "2 year website-only, non-exclusive license" and would like to know my pricing structure for that and if I have a non-profit pricing structure.

Since I have never been approached about this before, I do not currently have a pricing structure for this. :dunno

Has anyone had this experience and would be willing to share a reasonable pricing structure?

It would be much appreciated!

Kara

Comments

• kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2015
    Just to add/clarify after reading the 'pricing rant' on another thread - I am not a professional photographer, nor do I aspire to be. I was a hobby photographer. Am a full time teacher and aspiring to be a writer currently (and so have been putting more time into writing than into photography for the last few years).

So being approached about this was a surprise. A very nice one, but a surprise. I would like to do this deal and I do have other ties with the company. I have tried to research it but have not found anything that seems to apply to this particular situation (have found things about licensing images for card companies and that kind of thing).

Hope that clarifies why I am asking.
  • kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2015
    Glad I didn't wait on input from here! ;)
    I ended up selling 5 images for $500 for a 2 year, non-exclusive, website-only license, if that helps anyone in the future who is looking for similar information. I have no idea if that is in the 'ballpark' or whatever, but that's the way mine turned out.

Kara
  • Tom FosterTom Foster Registered Users Posts: 289 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2015
    Seems like you've got a good result out of that Kara! Thanks for letting us know how things turned out!