New Day In The Desert

Murphy66Murphy66 Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited January 2, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK, not the most original subject matter for "new" but what is newer than a new day? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! BTW, thanks to everyone for being such outstanding shooters (especially Ginger), you're all pushing me to do better!
www.MarcottePhotography.com is my portfolio and www.StudioMarcotte.com is my blog.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited January 2, 2006
    Murphy66 wrote:
    OK, not the most original subject matter for "new" but what is newer than a new day?
    It's a nice shot, but I don't think it really conveys "new." The problem here is that sunrises look an awfully lot like sunsets. They just happen at a less reasonable hour. :D

Cheers,
  • Murphy66Murphy66 Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    I appreciate your comment, especially about the hour of day! Thanks!
    www.MarcottePhotography.com is my portfolio and www.StudioMarcotte.com is my blog.
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    It's a nice shot, but I don't think it really conveys "new." The problem here is that sunrises look an awfully lot like sunsets. They just happen at a less reasonable hour. :D

Cheers,

Hehe...good point. I do like the shot though. I wonder if there is a way to make the picture say "new day" better.
  • Murphy66Murphy66 Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    Perhaps I should have put my coffee cup in the foreground?
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    I like the concept of a sunrise. It is something I was thinking about but the clouds and rain make it a no go.

Maybe use you coffee cup and place it directly infront of the sun like the sun is rising from the coffee cupne_nau.gif .

Keep shooting I'm sure you'll come up with a good ideathumb.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com