Options

Indexing Key Words Issue

floridabirderfloridabirder Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited March 2, 2015 in Bug Reporting
When the upgraded SmugMug came out a few years ago, I noticed that keyword indexing slowed down dramatically. Most of my galleries are smart galleries. I upload photos to a gallery for the day, and then I use keywords to populate galleries for bird species, types of scenery, locations, etc. It used to be that if I gave it a few hours (if I typed the keyword into a smugmug page) or a few minutes (if I entered keywords in Lightroom and used the plugin to upload photos), everything would be updated.

But a few days ago, I created a smart folder for my favorite photos of 2015. I just want it to include all photos with the keyword "2015 favorites." After a couple hours, it showed 1 of about 26 photos; 2 days later, still only 14 of them. This morning it jumped up to 16. However, if I click on the keyword "2015 favorites" it will show me all the proper photos. This seems very strange to me.

I created a smart gallery in lightroom with the same rule, and I published my photos that way, and that worked, but of course, it re-uploading duplicate failes that way, which is not what I'd like to do.

Any thoughts? Like Inigo Montoya, "I hate waiting."

Comments

• Options
    SmugMugHeroPamelaSmugMugHeroPamela Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2015
    We had a backlog on indexing a few days before your post but everything as far as we know should be all caught up. If you are still seeing problems, please link us to those folders so we can dig deeper but everything should be on track right now.
    ~Pamela
    SmugMugHero