Options

First Lacrosse game of the season

sandjunkiesandjunkie Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited March 7, 2015 in Sports
New Nikon D750 used for the first lacrosse game of the season. My son in the middle.

DSC_0312-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2015
    Nice work - ideally I guess you might prefer your son not to be in the shadow of the other player, but you have handled that well. I like the fact that you can see the faces/eyes which is sometimes a problem with players wearing helmets in sunny conditions.

I tried shooting a couple of matches of my nephew's lacrosse team. Boy, does the game move quickly!
    I'm sure it helps knowing the game in order to anticipate the action.
    Would you mind telling me where you believe the best place to stand might be?
    Also - how are you finding the d750's focussing speed?
    For Aussie Rules football I'd prefer to shoot with a dx camera for the extra "reach" (as the oval is about four times the size of an NFL football ground).
    Since Nikon doesn't seem interested in bringing out a d400, I'm looking at alternatives for a replacement camera. Just wondering how you were finding the d750.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    sandjunkiesandjunkie Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited March 4, 2015
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    Nice work - ideally I guess you might prefer your son not to be in the shadow of the other player, but you have handled that well. I like the fact that you can see the faces/eyes which is sometimes a problem with players wearing helmets in sunny conditions.

I tried shooting a couple of matches of my nephew's lacrosse team. Boy, does the game move quickly!
    I'm sure it helps knowing the game in order to anticipate the action.
    Would you mind telling me where you believe the best place to stand might be?
    Also - how are you finding the d750's focussing speed?
    For Aussie Rules football I'd prefer to shoot with a dx camera for the extra "reach" (as the oval is about four times the size of an NFL football ground).
    Since Nikon doesn't seem interested in bringing out a d400, I'm looking at alternatives for a replacement camera. Just wondering how you were finding the d750.

Ideally, yes I would have liked him not to be in the shadow. I am not a professional, just a learning hobbyist. I will take what I can getrolleyes1.gif

I usually stand on the side line near one of the goals. This allows me to capture the action at one end of the field and I can catch some fast breaks coming into the box. I am loving the fast focusing of the D750 especially coming from a D90.

Very hard to get the faces and eyes in this sport given the helmets and a lot of twisting and turning. Overall just trying to get a little better each time out. Thanks.thumb.gif

DSC_0349-L.jpg
  • Options
    wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2015
    I really like what you've done. Guessing your son is playing Middie, which is great for getting a variety of shots arount the field. My only suggestion is to perhaps try and crop a little closer on the first photo in order to de-emphasize #28 and highlight your son and his opponent more.
    Regards

Will
    edited March 7, 2015
    wmstumme wrote: »
    I really like what you've done. Guessing your son is playing Middie, which is great for getting a variety of shots arount the field. My only suggestion is to perhaps try and crop a little closer on the first photo in order to de-emphasize #28 and highlight your son and his opponent more.

Thanks. Yep, both boys are middies. Will give it a shot.