Peter Katz Live in Concert [NYE2005] "Let's get wide!"

ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
edited January 2, 2006 in Holy Macro
pano_horiz_nye.jpg

Made up of 5 panoramic shots that I never thought would stitch together properly... (literally grabbed in a whim.)

You can see my roommate in the foreground recording the show with his XL2... I would've killed to have had the rest of the band on stage for this shot.

Unfortunately, to get this shot I was standing on top of a radiator against the wall. I didn't think the club owners wanted me up there all night, so I didn't really try again.

These were shot with an 18-55mm from the Canon 300D. I also have a series with the 28-75 from my 10D, but I couldn't get the stage-peice to stitch onto the audience properly.

Shot at 1/6 to 1/4 of a second, ISO 1600. (the stage shot was a quicker exposure, 1/30th I think, but I'm glad I got away with it.)
- Scott
http://framebyframe.ca
[Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
[Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
[Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
[Tripod]
Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
[Head] 484RC2, 200RC2

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    Wow Very Impressive

Made up of 5 panoramic shots that I never thought would stitch together properly... (literally grabbed in a whim.)

You can see my roommate in the foreground recording the show with his XL2... I would've killed to have had the rest of the band on stage for this shot.

Unfortunately, to get this shot I was standing on top of a radiator against the wall. I didn't think the club owners wanted me up there all night, so I didn't really try again.

These were shot with an 18-55mm from the Canon 300D. I also have a series with the 28-75 from my 10D, but I couldn't get the stage-peice to stitch onto the audience properly.

Shot at 1/6 to 1/4 of a second, ISO 1600. (the stage shot was a quicker exposure, 1/30th I think, but I'm glad I got away with it.)

Those shots came together really well considering how you said you took the shots, matched up pretty dang good didn't it thumb.gif it's a good scene too, well done clap.gif Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin