Inspired by Ginger . . .

wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
edited January 2, 2006 in People
A couple of months ago Ginger was posting some examples of her work using a photo-grid poster tutorial from Scott Kelby's CS2 book.

I decided to use the method to make a framed photo of my grandaughter for my wife's office wall. Here it is for your enjoyment, comment, or critique (wife loved it, by the way!):

50690149-L.jpg

I gave the B&W version as the gift but made a color version as well - here's the link for the color version.
john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
Edward Steichen

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 2, 2006
    a great book--at least for mmwwaa who's only been on ps for about 8 months--

tried the poster thing and loved it--

you have done a great job on yours--both b/w and color look great!
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    I prefer the color version... more festive. Nice montage.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    Wonderful!! Great photos of your granddaughter and they look do nice put together like that.

It gives a slight feeling of movement, don't you think?

I prefer the black and white in that format, generally. But then I tend to prefer black and white unless it is definitely a color shot. The blk and white takes away all the distracting background colors, IMO.

Wonderful, light,

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I prefer the black and white in that format, generally. But then I tend to prefer black and white unless it is definitely a color shot. The blk and white takes away all the distracting background colors, IMO.

Owen liked the color version because of it's festive color - I agree, the color is festive. But I chose the B&W one as a gift for the reason you mention, Ginger. I felt like it was her face that really became the real subject when the background and surrounding colors didn't distract from her.

Thanks for the comments . . .
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen