hey binghott, i can get chicks too!

2»

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 4, 2006
    I did the eyes, cuz I'm actually fairly happy with the poppiness of the rest.

this is my version4 (I actually used a LAB overlay and apply image technique for overall pop):

51015077-S.jpg

then I did some binghott to the eyes (version5)
    51017984-S.jpg

don't know. They look a little too light, lost some green, but they do stand out a bit more.
    ne_nau.gif

Time for David's tute on "pop"
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    i've had no problems doing the eyes first, but i'll try it your way sometime. . .

It just makes sense to me to get the image right overall and do the eyes last, is all...
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    there's some good pop in the eyes, but it looks like you did too much dodging, just go back and try it again!
    edited January 4, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Time for David's tute on "pop"

The key is that your eye is drawn to contrast, so you want the most interesting element in the image to have contrast, within reason.

To do this you make the steepest part of the curve be the part of the image that you want to draw attention to.
    Moderator Emeritus
    edited January 4, 2006
    I'm puttin this one down for a while. I'm pretty darn happy with it at this point. nod.gif
    Erik

edited January 4, 2006
    BTW, Doc, apparently you can't get "chicks" you can get "chick", and are you really sure that she likes being referred to as a chick? You may end up chickless, if you keep that up! That's kinda like feckless, only worse...

Anyway, chick or not, she's beautiful...
    Moderator Emeritus
  • unsavoryunsavory Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    I don't care what the "numbers" are saying. The original is a much more pleasing photo. The others look completely unrealistic. The girl has fair skin as can bee seein in the original and she's in the freezing snow. Which is why the red shows up in her face. I think it is cool, crisp and refreshing and she looks absolutely stunning. The yellow ones destroy all this and the photo loses its appeal.

IMO.
    edited January 4, 2006
    unsavory wrote:
    I don't care what the "numbers" are saying. The original is a much more pleasing photo. The others look completely unrealistic. The girl has fair skin as can bee seein in the original and she's in the freezing snow. Which is why the red shows up in her face. I think it is cool, crisp and refreshing and she looks absolutely stunning. The yellow ones destroy all this and the photo loses its appeal.

IMO.
    Trust me, I know, but in print, its different (even on my crappy little printer), the yellow/magenta thing is the real deal. nod.gif
    Erik

• PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    Hi, DoctorIt
    Great photos!clap.gif

Take Care,
    Chuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com