Comment Exposure Smugmug Style

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins
edited July 18, 2015 in SmugMug Feature Requests
There's a current problem of comments not being exposed on a Smugmug style gallery. They are
below the screen and few visitors will know to scroll down to see them or even know they exist.

My suggestion is move them up under the thumbs. This should provide exposure that they exist.

This is a view with my browser stretched to max window height on a 19" monitor. You can see there
is no indication that anything exists below the photo caption let alone comments.
i-jJFTrrQ-M.jpg

This is the current comment view requiring a visitor to scroll down to even know if they exist.
i-LpP2H8f-M.jpg

This would be the view if there are no comments.
i-3mxQZPT-M.jpg

This would be a view if there are comments.
i-m73fkLr-M.jpg

This would be the final view exposing the comments.
i-kXnw8DG-M.jpg
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• wdahlwdahl Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 18, 2015
    ? Was anything done here ?
    Was anything ever done here? I am web support for the Sedona Camera Club (http://www.sedonacameraclub.com). We'd like members to comment on images in a number of areas, but they have trouble seeing/finding the comments when they are made.

Thanks

Bill
    Allen wrote: »
    There's a current problem of comments not being exposed on a Smugmug style gallery. They are
    below the screen and few visitors will know to scroll down to see them or even know they exist.

My suggestion is move them up under the thumbs. This should provide exposure that they exist.

This is a view with my browser stretched to max window height on a 19" monitor. You can see there
    is no indication that anything exists below the photo caption let alone comments.
    i-jJFTrrQ-M.jpg

This is the current comment view requiring a visitor to scroll down to even know if they exist.
    i-LpP2H8f-M.jpg

This would be the view if there are no comments.
    i-3mxQZPT-M.jpg

This would be a view if there are comments.
    i-m73fkLr-M.jpg

This would be the final view exposing the comments.
    i-kXnw8DG-M.jpg