Options

help convince me!

DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
edited January 3, 2006 in SmugMug Support
i want a smugmug dearly because my computer hardrive is getting quite cluttered with photos. my parents *mainly father* is very apprehensive to letting me aquire a smugmug though. please help me convnice him smugmug is for me!

please and thank you:thumb

Daniel
Daniel Bauer
smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    i want a smugmug dearly because my computer hardrive is getting quite cluttered with photos. my parents *mainly father* is very apprehensive to letting me aquire a smugmug though. please help me convnice him smugmug is for me!

please and thank youthumb.gif

Daniel

Ask him to spend 30 minutes with you on the computer. Show him what you've learned here on dgrin. Show him some of the sites that you admire, and talk to him about the photography, what you admire about it, what it is that you want to accomplish, what your vision is that you want to show the world. Show him your passion and love of the craft, that you are in an environment that will promote that, and he'll have a hard time saying no.

Then, when you sign up, use my coupon code to show him how frugal you can be!: CLGbTHzpo7yxc
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Ask him to spend 30 minutes with you on the computer. Show him what you've learned here on dgrin. Show him some of the sites that you admire, and talk to him about the photography, what you admire about it, what it is that you want to accomplish, what your vision is that you want to show the world. Show him your passion and love of the craft, that you are in an environment that will promote that, and he'll have a hard time saying no.

Then, when you sign up, use my coupon code to show him how frugal you can be!: CLGbTHzpo7yxc

will do.

oh, and sorry, already promised Redbull i'd use his. and yes, i know the reason behind it.blbl.gif

:giggle
    Daniel Bauer

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    will do.

oh, and sorry, already promised Redbull i'd use his. and yes, i know the reason behind it.blbl.gif

:giggle

Hey, I'm not hiding the reason! Sure, we both save, and I save more!

Good on Redbull.

whatever.

:D
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    Apprehensive? Why? Show him the security features, if that's the issue. Maybe he just doesn't want family photos to be publicly accessible.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2006
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Apprehensive? Why? Show him the security features, if that's the issue. Maybe he just doesn't want family photos to be publicly accessible.ne_nau.gif

not family photos. this would be strictly for my photography.deal.gif
    Daniel Bauer

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    DanielB wrote:

You should hurry before prices actually go up... thumb.gif
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    DanielB wrote:

OK, so why did you use the word "apprehensive"? What exactly is he apprehensive about? I'm not sure how anything bad could come of you having a place to store and display your photographs. headscratch.gif