Water Drop

AlonerAloner Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited January 3, 2006 in Holy Macro
This one i had to crop quite a bit to get the ugly drain out becuase i was shooting it in my sink. I also did a bit of PS to make it look alright (colorize, curves)

Any ideas on how to get a more natural looking blue to the water?

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    I liked what this curve did:
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    That's just with your existing image. If you posted your original we could maybe be more help.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • AlonerAloner Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2006
    Here's the original, as you can see i really need a better spot to shoot water eek7.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    Use a plastic 5 gal bucket, color of your choice, add food color to match bucket.... and light from the sides of the bucket also.....worth a try.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    I used a blue glass bowl with blue food coloring placed on a glass table with a table lamp below it for a light source. I just did this over the weekend, will post pics in the next couple days.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com