From Photography To Emotions

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited April 3, 2015 in People
Dear all,

These are shots with just one light source. I am trying to keep my lighting consistent on some of my photo shoots and try to see
1. what type of emotions would be better for this type of lighting I use

2. see how I can evoke consistently specific emotions from my subject. So far I have been experimenting with different things but I am trying to build alternatives on the way I approach my subjects. The major problem is always with the subjects that have very low expectations on their selves and I have big time to let them relax.

I think is relevant my work here is relevant to the discussions here, since we try to light up to support better a given expression.

Regards

Alex

i-hzXHZmv-L.jpg

i-4DJcGZS-L.jpg

i-JsdLMxx-L.jpg

i-ndnfMNr-L.jpg

i-Ktq2LFG-L.jpg

i-xgJctjc-L.jpg

i-Rh9WJnt-L.jpg

--
“The fact is that relatively few photographers ever master their medium. Instead they allow the medium to master them and go on an endless squirrel cage chase from new lens to new paper to new developer to new gadget, never staying with one piece of equipment long enough to learn its full capacities, becoming lost in a maze of technical information that is of little or no use since they don’t know what to do with it”
(written at 1927 by Edward Weston)