Site design

eparrameparram Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited April 8, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Hello everybody,

I hope someone can help me with this one, I understand it´s an easy one:

I currently have a site design and I would like to build a second site design without losing the original one, to be able to “switch from one site design to the other site design”.

Before I break any thing I will like to understand :
- If it´s possible?
- If I build the second site design what will happen to all the CSS customization on the first one, will I lose the CSS code?
- If the second Site will be overrun by the CSS code of the first one site design.
- If the two site designs are completely independent the one from the other (the CSS coding is independent?). :scratch

Thanks for the help

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2015
    When you refer to "site design" are you really meaning the theme?
    If so, each theme will have its own "edit" CSS box. Change one theme's CSS then save it under a
    specific name. Then switch to other theme and change its CSS and save it under another
    specific name. You should now be able to switch back and forth between each modified theme.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • eparrameparram Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2015
    Thanks Allen,

Iwill try as you mention.

Cheers
  • markaphotomarkaphoto Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    I want to bring this back to life since I am trying to do the same thing. I have a site design selected and tweaked for the entire site, but I want to have a folder and its contents to display a completely different site design, not theme, but total design. Any and all ideas welcome.
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2017

@markaphoto said:
    I want to bring this back to life since I am trying to do the same thing. I have a site design selected and tweaked for the entire site, but I want to have a folder and its contents to display a completely different site design, not theme, but total design. Any and all ideas welcome.

What are referring to between a theme and a design? Theme and design are the same.

If you want a different look on a folder you can use the "Make Folder Custom" and select a new theme for that folder. Same thing with a gallery and page. If you have galleries/pages within that folder, you will have to select that folder's theme.

• BaldEagleBaldEagle Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    Old Dude Needs Some Help...

I'm seeking some one-on-one help creating my SmugMug site and am willing to hire a pro SmugMug user/designer for a few hours to help me. I have a good idea of what I'd like my site to look like, but after watching numerous videos plus doing some playing around, am getting rather frustrated. Any recommendations?! Major Thanks!