CS2 probably dumb question

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
edited January 4, 2006 in Finishing School
Is there a way to toggle the image display so that blown highlights and plugged shadows are indicated by color changes or flashing or something? ACR and RSE both let you highlight problem areas, but I can't seem to find something similar within CS2 itself. :scratch:scratch

Thanks,

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Is there a way to toggle the image display so that blown highlights and plugged shadows are indicated by color changes or flashing or something? ACR and RSE both let you highlight problem areas, but I can't seem to find something similar within CS2 itself. headscratch.gifscratch

Thanks,

About the only thing I know of is while making levels adjustments you can hold down the Alt key (on a Mac it should be the Option key) to see the problem highlights and shadows.
  • nokout3839nokout3839 Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    cletus wrote:
    About the only thing I know of is while making levels adjustments you can hold down the Alt key (on a Mac it should be the Option key) to see the problem highlights and shadows.

Good Tip, Thanks

All care but no responsibility

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited January 4, 2006
    cletus wrote:
    Thanks for the tip. What this seems to do is flip the display into threshold mode, which helps some but is not exactly what I was hoping for. I figured out way to do it using a couple of brightly colored fill layers and "blend if" controls but yeah, I would rather just press a key. I suppose I could turn the process into an action...maybe I'll try that.

Cheers,