Airshow Shots

ButtkickerButtkicker Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited January 6, 2006 in Sports
A few of my Airshow shots from earlier in the year.. have only just processed them in the xmas break
any Aviation enthusiasts on the forum
50706364-L.jpg

Custard%20nose.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

50706259-L.jpg

Comments

• ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    AWESOME!! clap.gif

Makes me feel like I was there, way to go! thumb.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    Nice! Good prop blur on the 3rd, not always an easy thing to get right. Always like to see good air show shots! thumb.gif
  • 1ibandit1ibandit Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    Buttkicker wrote:
    A few of my Airshow shots from earlier in the year.. have only just processed them in the xmas break
    any Aviation enthusiasts on the forum

Great pictures, and what lens did you use. I got to the chicago air show ever year, and have some nice picture. This year I can't wait to use my real digital camera (canon Digital Rebel XT) to get some real shots.

The last two years I used me Panasonic FZ1, and it didn't do to bad... but this year hehehe

1iBandit
    1iBandit
    "Take what is given, and steal the rest."
  • ChaseChase Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    1ibandit wrote:
    Great pictures, and what lens did you use. I got to the chicago air show ever year, and have some nice picture. This year I can't wait to use my real digital camera (canon Digital Rebel XT) to get some real shots.

The last two years I used me Panasonic FZ1, and it didn't do to bad... but this year hehehe

1iBandit
    If i lived in wisconsin.....I would go to Osh Kosh air show..........ne_nau.gifthumb
    www.chase.smugmug.com
    I just press the button and the camera goes CLICK. :dunno
    Canon: gripped 20d and 30d, 10-22 3.5-4.5, 17-55 IS, 50mm f1.8, 70-200L IS, 85mm f1.8, 420ex
    sigma: 10-20 4-5.6 (for sale), 24-70 2.8 (for sale), 120-300 2.8
  • 1ibandit1ibandit Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    Chase wrote:
    If i lived in wisconsin.....I would go to Osh Kosh air show..........ne_nau.gifthumb

Not if you like military planes. I have gone to Oshkosh for years, and years, but stopped two years ago when they stopped having a big military presence.

Other reasons Chicago show is better...

It's free
    Lots of Military planes.
    Lots of ladys sun bathing heheh

Oshkosh is for experamental aircraft, and big bucks to get in
    I will try to post some pictures of both shows on my smugmug account tomorrow.
    1iBandit
    "Take what is given, and steal the rest."
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Nice! Good prop blur on the 3rd, not always an easy thing to get right. Always like to see good air show shots! thumb.gif
    Agreed. Nice prop blur. I've found you need to get well under the usual "1 over focal length" shutter speed to get an airplane shot right. At a show several months ago I was shooting around 1/125 with 280mm of lens. I think mode-2 image stabilizer helped quite a bit with these type of shots.

http://mercphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/475750
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • ButtkickerButtkicker Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2006
    Thanks guys.. I love aviation, and fast (loud) jets - use pretty much all my lenses, I use a 200mm f1.8 with converters, along with a 300 f2.8 with and with out converters

I had built up a pretty big backlog of pictures, and this xmas break gave me some time to get stuck into them

You guys in the USA that Chicago Airshow sounds pretty cool - might give it a shot in the next couple of years, I went to the big Show at Nellis and did a report for a European webzine in November 2005
    found here
    http://www.scorpionaviation.com/Nellis.htm

and thsi coming year am looking at going to some ex communist country airshows in eastern Europe
    regards Chris
  • CMasterCMaster Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2006
    Some very nice shots here. I haven't been to an airshow in quite awhile. Our local airport used to have one every summer, but it's been some years since they've had another one.

I'm really hoping to track down one or two this year and see one. Anyone have any good sites to look for US airshows?
    -- Paul (pmack.smugmug.com)
  • ButtkickerButtkicker Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2006
    CMaster wrote:
    Some very nice shots here. I haven't been to an airshow in quite awhile. Our local airport used to have one every summer, but it's been some years since they've had another one.

I'm really hoping to track down one or two this year and see one. Anyone have any good sites to look for US airshows?

Airshows happen every where in the US.. its a case of do you want to fly to one or go to one thats Local to you
    the big ones
    Oceana
    Nellis
    are for fast jet fans...
    here is a link to fencecheckers, probably the biggest aviation site in the world, and is mainly US chat info, and the link reveals all
    http://www.fencecheck.com/forums/index.php/board,4.0.html

thanks for the comments guys
    Chris
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2006
    Buttkicker wrote:
    Thanks guys.. I love aviation, and fast (loud) jets - use pretty much all my lenses, I use a 200mm f1.8 with converters, along with a 300 f2.8 with and with out converters

I had built up a pretty big backlog of pictures, and this xmas break gave me some time to get stuck into them

You guys in the USA that Chicago Airshow sounds pretty cool - might give it a shot in the next couple of years, I went to the big Show at Nellis and did a report for a European webzine in November 2005
    found here
    http://www.scorpionaviation.com/Nellis.htm

and thsi coming year am looking at going to some ex communist country airshows in eastern Europe
    regards Chris

Great shots again, where are the airshow in eastern Europe i'm off to Poland
    in June on my bike