Options

Men in Black

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited April 15, 2015 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited April 14, 2015
    Hah! Not what I was expecting at all. I like the composition, especially the zig-zag of the staircase in the background. I'm less sure about the wall and column at the edges--a 4 x 3 crop would eliminate them and leave the rest. Just a thought.
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    Hah! Not what I was expecting at all. I like the composition, especially the zig-zag of the staircase in the background. I'm less sure about the wall and column at the edges--a 4 x 3 crop would eliminate them and leave the rest. Just a thought.

I have to agree with Richard here. Ask yourself..."What am I really taking a picture of here?" I don't think your answer would have included the stone on the far right and left of the present picture. If cropped tighter you have even a better chance to highlight the two wonderful subjects here complimented by the interesting stairs in the background. The photograph is well balanced either way. Having said that, I really like the image and think it will get even better with the tighter crop. You have a very good eye! thumb.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2015
    A very nice capture of these clergy!
    And I agree with the other comments - lose the column on the right.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    I have to agree with Richard here. Ask yourself..."What am I really taking a picture of here?" I don't think your answer would have included the stone on the far right and left of the present picture. If cropped tighter you have even a better chance to highlight the two wonderful subjects here complimented by the interesting stairs in the background. The photograph is well balanced either way. Having said that, I really like the image and think it will get even better with the tighter crop. You have a very good eye! thumb.gif
    Earache wrote: »
    A very nice capture of these clergy!
    And I agree with the other comments - lose the column on the right.

Thank you folks for your comments... I really appreciate the feedback!
    I think I like this cropped version as suggested.
    i-QVCw5r4-L.jpg
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited April 15, 2015
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2015
    clap.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53