Options

Printing wireless

JCDossJCDoss Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
edited January 4, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
I have a Canon S9000 and have recently purchased a D-Link wireless print server. The setup seems to work OK, except for one glaring problem: The printer is not able to communicate with the print server, meaning the Status Monitor will not work and I never know I'm running out of ink until the damage is done. Tech support from D-Link, and everything I've seen about this model seems to indicate this is not a fixable problem.

My question to all of you is this: Is there a wireless print server that will offer 100% compatibility with my S9000? :dunno I really need the wireless access, but I also need to be able to monitor my printer.

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,185 moderator
    edited January 3, 2006
    Bump. And if there's any network guru's out there...
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    JCDoss wrote:
    I have a Canon S9000 and have recently purchased a D-Link wireless print server. The setup seems to work OK, except for one glaring problem: The printer is not able to communicate with the print server, meaning the Status Monitor will not work and I never know I'm running out of ink until the damage is done. Tech support from D-Link, and everything I've seen about this model seems to indicate this is not a fixable problem.

My question to all of you is this: Is there a wireless print server that will offer 100% compatibility with my S9000? ne_nau.gif I really need the wireless access, but I also need to be able to monitor my printer.

Is your wireless print server USB or printer port? Only USB transfers the printer control bits. I am have direct experience with this over a printer port print server: it does not work. Not sure about whether it would work or not over USB one. Be sure you turn off all software firewalls on your PC to make sure they are not blocking incoming requests.

Here is what I did (but may not suit your application): the printer was near one PC, but not two others (which is why I did network printing). I plugged the printer into the nearby PC(USB), from which I monitored status and ink levels, and then used the printer port print server for the other PCs. This worked fine.