selective coloring and stuff

bphillybphilly Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited January 3, 2006 in People
did this for my school photo class.

Comments

• OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    If the assignment was for selective coloration; well done.

If not, selective coloring has to be one of the most misused techniques in digital photography. We all do it atleast once, but coloring the eyes while leaving the rest of your photo duotoned is quite cliche and in the wrong situation it just looks downright creepy.

Just my .02. I'd like to see this photo in full color or a high contrast B&W. The B&W you are using has a heavy green cast.. was it intentional?
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    I agree that the selective coloring does not work for this shot. Primarily the eyes are way too blue.

It's a good technique to learn though....

I've been seing A LOT of "selective color bashing" going around. When IS a good situtation to use selective color?

Erich
  • babybluetx23babybluetx23 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2006
    I like it, however the eye is naturally drawn to the pink flowers because they are more centered then the subject and the color pink is more predominant then the blue of her eyes. and she is a lovely subject. However I like the photo and you did a wonderful job on selective coloring.
    Cynthia Cox
    Arlington, Tx
    http://www.innovativeillusionsphoto.com/

OMP member #: 173034

Canon EOS 5D : Bogen 3051 tripod : Bogen Monopod : Bogen 3030 head unit : Canon Speedlight 580EX : Canon EF 28-200 F3.5 : Canon 70-200 f2.8L : Canon 24-70mm F2.8L and other Canon Gear

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE." - Ernst Haas