Flutterbies

rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
edited January 7, 2006 in Holy Macro
Ok a few eeks ago I took my EOS30 and some Kodak Max 400 HD2 film for a walk through some local scenery. It's a place called Booralong Creek, great place to catch Rainbow Trout in the winter. Anyhoo, There were butterflies everywhere! So amazing. Didn't see any kangaroos though. Here are two of the butterflies I found.
50979726-M.jpg

50979728-M.jpg
www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso

Comments

• 1ibandit1ibandit Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    I see the wonderfull pictures everyone is taking of all of the wildlife. The green grass, colorfull flowers, insects, and birds on green trees, and it really makes me ....SICK!..... AND DO YOU KNOW WHY.... I LIVE IN WISCONSIN and this time of year not much is colorfull, insects are hiding, everyone is dressed in ten layers of close, and everything colorfull is crappy BROWN...

I just wanted to thank you all for reminding me just how much I hate winter...heheheh

Have a wonderfull time in that warm weather.
    1iBandit
    "Take what is given, and steal the rest."
  • livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    1ibandit wrote:
    I see the wonderfull pictures everyone is taking of all of the wildlife. The green grass, colorfull flowers, insects, and birds on green trees, and it really makes me ....SICK!..... AND DO YOU KNOW WHY.... I LIVE IN WISCONSIN and this time of year not much is colorfull, insects are hiding, everyone is dressed in ten layers of close, and everything colorfull is crappy BROWN...

I just wanted to thank you all for reminding me just how much I hate winter...heheheh

Have a wonderfull time in that warm weather.

amen, that makes two of us. i am in minnesota, and haven't seen anything resembling the sun in two weeks.......grey, rainy, blah....:bluduh
    laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2006
    rolleyes1.gif
    Awww, winter is not that bad! In Australia as soon as it hits september you are hit with a barrage of bugs that lasts until winter. Some nice ones...Some big 8 legged hairy onesumph.gif

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited January 4, 2006
    2 beautiful shots. I love the light on both. thumb.gif
    edited January 4, 2006
    Thanks Angelo. It was late afternoon filtering through the thick trees. Hitting them in just the right places. Sometimes its as if they knew where you wanted them to sit:D

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited January 4, 2006
    rahmonster wrote:
    Thanks Angelo. It was late afternoon filtering through the thick trees. Hitting them in just the right places. Sometimes its as if they knew where you wanted them to sit:D

You didn't use spray glue??? rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2006
    Hi there Rahmonster
    rahmonster wrote:
    Ok a few eeks ago I took my EOS30 and some Kodak Max 400 HD2 film for a walk through some local scenery. It's a place called Booralong Creek, great place to catch Rainbow Trout in the winter. Anyhoo, There were butterflies everywhere! So amazing. Didn't see any kangaroos though. Here are two of the butterflies I found.

So you got yourself some Butterlies hey thumb.gif and not easily captured either are they........ they fly off so fast, yet others are quite happy to sit for long periods of time.
    Looks like you had a nice day.......so no fish for dinner? didn't catch any?
    Take Care.......see you on MSN later okay....... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited January 7, 2006
    Thanks Skippy. They are pretty aren't they. Sat still long enough for me to manually focus too.:D