Options

Printing Paper Question

sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
edited July 15, 2015 in Digital Darkroom
Hi, everybody.

Any recommendations out there for photo paper that does not bend and buckle in humid weather? I live on Martha's Vineyard where the humidity is high here, especially in the summer. I'm printing with a Canon Pixma Pro 9500 and I'm talking about 13x19 (Ilford Galerie Gold for example 310 GSM) paper that I can't get to stop buckling. A-C helps but is not a total fix.

I'm about to try the 3M mounting paper to see if that helps, but in the meantime, am wondering if there are other ideas out there - short of taking all my prints to a framer for dry-mounting, or spending hundreds of dollars on my own equipment.

What's the best paper that will hold up under the above circumstances? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    MolsondogMolsondog Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2015
    Sorry to say this: Paper is make from wood fibers. They love to absorb and give off moisture to reach equilibrium with the environment. Paper grows and shrinks as the fibers get fatter or thinner. You will have to find a non-fibrous substrate to avoid this. It's physics. You can't fight it.
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2015
    Molsondog wrote: »
    Sorry to say this: Paper is make from wood fibers. They love to absorb and give off moisture to reach equilibrium with the environment. Paper grows and shrinks as the fibers get fatter or thinner. You will have to find a non-fibrous substrate to avoid this. It's physics. You can't fight it.
    Umm...okay...yes, all true. I understand the physics.
    I was hoping someone would have a recommendation for a particular photo paper that would be more impervious to the climate.