Easy photo editing-managment software

lercheberglercheberg Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited July 16, 2015 in Finishing School
I had been using Picasa as my photo management / editing software. But apparently the direct upload feature from Picasa to Smugmug is no longer working.

I am an amateur, just taking pictures of my friends / family, and rarely modify other than simple cropping, straightening, lighting and red-eye adjustments. I looked at Lightroom and it is way too much for my needs.

Can anyone recommend software that allows you to do minor picture editing / management with direct upload capability to smugmug?

Or if there is a way to get the picasa to smugmug interface working again?

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited July 14, 2015
    Why not just continue using Picasa and use the SmugMug tools to upload? They're pretty straightforward.
  • lercheberglercheberg Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited July 14, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    Why not just continue using Picasa and use the SmugMug tools to upload? They're pretty straightforward.

I don't want to have to export the pictures out of Picasa to get the edits I have made to them out onto smugmug. Is there an upload tool that can upload directly from Picasa so my edits are retained?
  • AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2015
    lercheberg wrote: »
    I don't want to have to export the pictures out of Picasa to get the edits I have made to them out onto smugmug. Is there an upload tool that can upload directly from Picasa so my edits are retained?

????????????????
    Once you edit the files in Picasa, they must be somewhere on your computer.
    When you use the Smugmug upload tool you simply drag and drop the desired edited photo files into the upload dialogue box.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • lercheberglercheberg Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2015
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    ????????????????
    Once you edit the files in Picasa, they must be somewhere on your computer.
    When you use the Smugmug upload tool you simply drag and drop the desired edited photo files into the upload dialogue box.

Hadn't looking into that further before. Apparently I need to use the "save the edits" function. https://sites.google.com/site/picasaresources/Home/Picasa-FAQ/picasa/general-information/editing-in-picasa

Hopefully that is something I can apply across all my folders easily and not have to manually to each one!
  • AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2015
    "Hadn't looking into that further before. Apparently I need to use the "save the edits" function. https://sites.google.com/site/picasa...ting-in-picasa

Hopefully that is something I can apply across all my folders easily and not have to manually to each one! "

This link explains how it can be done on a folder by folder basis:
    https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/picasa/aKjQpMRDrao
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com