Options

Cart/wagon to carry your gear?Any recommendation?

haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
edited January 11, 2016 in Accessories
I am a wedding photographer and sometimes we (me and my wife) shoot video as well. Often we have to carry lighting gear and softboxes, slider, etc.

I am looking for a utility cart/wagon... I have come across a cart which I think would be awesome for my purposes: http://www.amazon.com/Folding-Utility-Sports-Wagon-Multicolors/dp/B00TM27VUO

Do you use something similar? What would you recommend? What do you use to carry your gear?

Comments

• Options
    haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2015
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited July 20, 2015
    That looks a bit chinsy. Check out the review by HarryB on the [thread=201039]Beach Rolly[/thread]. Amazon has them.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited July 20, 2015
    I remember when Harry first posted that link - I wonder if he paid ~$180 back then.

It looks handy, but does seem kind of pricey since I can buy great folding chairs for 1/4 of that price or less. Nonetheless I am still intrigued by it. I was just trying to remember what it was called, so thanks kdog!

I'll see if Harry remembers what he paid for it back then. Some of the comments on Amazon are favorable, and some feel it is pretty flimsy. Flimsy and $180 don't mesh very well for me.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited July 20, 2015
    I chatted with Harry and we're both pretty sure he didn't pay anywhere near $200 for a Beach Rolly although he still uses his from 2006

I guess maybe there is some inflation loose in the land.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited July 21, 2015
    I think the high price is probably due to the low volume. They just don't punch these out like beach chairs judging from the small number of reviews they receive. Plus it doesn't help that there doesn't seem to be much competition in this market due to being such a specialty item.

Here's an interesting read from Arthur Morris on the Rolly. http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2012/02/17/just-rolling-along/

Looks pretty good actually.
  • Options
    KBrookeKBrooke Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 11, 2016
    I bought one that is very similar at Costco for $58 that works great

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk