Options

Petersburg, Alaska

bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
edited August 20, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
Late evening along Hammer slough in Petersburg, Alaska.
c&c always welcome...
-Len

HammerSloughPetersburg_9x6-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2015
    Mercy Len! This is pure joy! I wish I lived near a place like this!clap.giflustbowdown.gif

I am probably the only one who will be bothered by this......but that little tiny yellow sign....between two building structures on the right.....I would consider zapping it!
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2015
    Len, Love the subject, love the crop, love the color and post processing! clap.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    edited August 8, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Mercy Len! This is pure joy! I wish I lived near a place like this!clap.giflustbowdown.gif

I am probably the only one who will be bothered by this......but that little tiny yellow sign....between two building structures on the right.....I would consider zapping it!

Taz, I thought Petersburg to be the most photogenic town we visited in Alaska. The tide varies about 20 ft. here, so that everyone who lives along this slough has a boat high and dry or in the water depending on the time of day. I didn't even notice the sign - I'll zap it as you suggested - it's definitely not helping. I'll also post more of Petersburg.
    -Len
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2015
    Len, Love the subject, love the crop, love the color and post processing! clap.gif

Thanks for the nice comments Wayne!
    Best, -Len
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2015
    Very nice. It has the balance of a reflection shot without too much symmetry. I didn't notice the processing, which is as it should be when it's done right.
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2015
    Nice composition and reflection.

Even the sky cooperated.

Excellent exposure and dynamic control as well.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2015
    willard3 wrote: »
    Nice composition and reflection.

Even the sky cooperated.

Excellent exposure and dynamic control as well.
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Very nice. It has the balance of a reflection shot without too much symmetry. I didn't notice the processing, which is as it should be when it's done right.

Thanks Don & Will --- It was a beautiful evening in a very active fishing community.
    -Len
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2015
    Stunning! What a scene! I, too, noticed the magical clouds .... makes me want to reach right up and snag a piece of that cotton candy! --Carter
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2015
    CCoop wrote: »
    Stunning! What a scene! I, too, noticed the magical clouds .... makes me want to reach right up and snag a piece of that cotton candy! --Carter

Thanks for the comments CC.
    -Len